We are expecting a new litter any day now.
Should I Buy a Male or Female Ragdoll?
Here are some key differences between male and female Ragdolls that you may want to consider when choosing your new kitten! Please keep in mind that these are just some general observations, each kitten will have an individual personality unique to him or her. Discuss with your breeder what personality traits you are looking for, and they can help you choose a Ragdoll to best fit you and your family’s needs.
- Males tend to be more laid back and carefree.
- Males are more social and curious of new people, great with children and other pets.
- They purr louder and are more assertive cuddlers.
- Male Ragdolls are adventurous and loyal.
- They are more likely to enjoy being lap-cats.
- Male Ragdolls can be stubborn and hard-headed, sometimes making it more difficult to train them.
- Females tend to be amazingly sweet-tempered.
- They learn quickly and are easier to train.
- Females are very astute to their owners’ routines.
- They are better at keeping themselves clean than the males.
- Females are also generally more vocal or “chattier.”
- Female Ragdolls prefer a bit more routine and stability, often taking longer to warm up to new people or other pets.